I am thrilled to announce the immediate release of Nikola version 6.0.0.
This is a major feature release. If you have an existing site, you will get a number of warnings about deprecated options. Don't worry, things most likely will still work, and you can take your time fixing them.
Some of the new features are described in a series of blog posts: 1 2 3 4 5
Here is the (probably incomplete) changelog:
- Deprecated post_compilers for COMPILERS (Issue #601)
- Replaced post_pages option with POSTS and PAGES (Issue #601)
- Support for bootswatch in boostrap 2 and 3 (Issue #599)
- New ADDITIONAL_METADATA option to set extra metadata on all posts.
- All reStructuredText extensions are now plugins (Issue #621)
- New multiple comment system support (Issue #606, #634)
- Deprecated DISQUS_FORUM option for COMMENT_SYSTEM_ID
- New COMMENT_SYSTEM option to change comment systems, defaults to disqus
- New bootstrap3 theme (by areski)
- Added docs/upgrading-to-v6.txt for upgrade tips.
- Theme cleanup (Issue #599)
- Support for nested navigation links (Issue #104)
- New media directive for reStructuredText (Issue #608)
- New DEPLOY_DRAFTS and DEPLOY_FUTURE options (Issue #583)
- New Dutch translation
- Optional hyphenation (HYPHENATE option, Issue #576)
- Made AddThis support replaceable through new SOCIAL_BUTTONS_CODE option.
- Added a FUTURE_IS_NOW option for publishing future-dated posts now (Issues #486, #577)
- New typogrify filter (Issue #576)
- New COPY_SOURCES option, defaults to True (Issue #544)
- Customizable Read More (Issues #412, #533, #574)
- Support for LESS/RECESS CSS compilers
- Updated to Colorbox 1.4.27
- New pandoc compiler.
- Separate slides.tmpl template so that non-bootstrap themes can support them.
- New ADDITIONAL_METADATA option to specify metadata to include in the new_post
command, alongside with the defaults (Issue #622)
- Schedule new posts automatically by specifying an iCal recursive rule as
SCHEDULE_RULE (Issue #602)
- Added missing rel="self" link suggested by feedvalidator.org (Issue #264)
- Switched to semantic versioning (Issue #614)
- Better figure styling (Issue #626)
- Switched docutils math rendering to MathJax (Issue #620)
- Refactored crumb bar into a separate tmpl to avoid code duplication (Issue #612)
- Fix broken config dep for tags when NAVIGATION_LINKS is not set (Issue #610)
- Fixed bundles in base theme
- Deprecated ANALYTICS, replaced with BODY_END (Issue #601)
- Deprecated SIDEBAR_LINKS, replaced with NAVIGATION_LINKS (Issue #104 #601)
- Solve site theme's navbar overlapping Issues (Issue #585)
- Deprecated ADD_THIS_BUTTONS option.
- Show warning if unable to thumbnail an image (Issue #551)
- Use absolute URLs in feeds (Issue #590)
- Fix for mincss path munging (Issues #570 #589)
- Added missing dependency in gallery indexes (Issue #536)
- Anchors in listings had wrong filename slugs
- Only warn about incomplete translations once (Issue #580)
- Right-align image title in colorbox to avoid overlapping so much (Mentioned in Issue #570)
- Added LICENSE in the footer (Issue #528)
- Use random IDs for slides so you can have more than one in a page (Issue #572)