On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.5.1. It features some bugfixes and new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn IPython Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: http://getnikola.com/
- Suggest misspelled commands (Issue #1807)
- New implementation of the nikola auto command.
- requests is now required for all Nikola sites
- New nikola version --check option (Issue #1767)
- Support pure markdown posts in WP import (Issue #484)
- Make auto shutdown with ctrl-c (Issue #1811)
- Log properly in nikola auto (Issue #1812)
- Handle rare gettz failure (Issue #1806)
- Handle missing dependencies better in auto plugin (Issues #1803, #1809)
- IDNA mixing unicode/bytes in python 3 (Issue #1802)
- Cleaner splitting of metadata in onefile posts (Issue #973)
- It's markdown extra, not extras (Issue #1799)