On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.7.9. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
For this release, we also passed a milestone — Nikola has got over 1000 stars on GitHub. Thanks for the continued support!
What is Nikola?¶
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- New sc or html reST role, which passes content unaltered (Issue #1854)
- Point the user to our users site after 1st successful deploy (Issue #2096)
- Option to disable color output using NIKOLA_MONO environment variable (Issue #2360)
- Improved locale detection in Windows (Issue #2343)
- Added enclosure_length meta field for better interop (Issue #2338)
- New Lithuanian translation by Antanas Lasys
- Avoid conflicts caused by multiple copies of the same plugin (#2362)
- Fix handling of some wordpress dumps (Issue #2340)
- When using the plugin command, load ALL plugins (Issue #2359)
- Fix plugin removal for plugins that are a package (Issue #2356)
- Reload English messages for every theme to prevent caching (Issue #2347)
- Cache theme messages after loading once (Issue #2344)
- Add <link> tags to other languages even if the post is untranslated (Google complained otherwise)
- Don't call sys.exit() from plugins if possible (Issue #1839)
- Create Persistor directories only if site is configured (Issue #2334)
- Remove newlines in imported WordPress titles (Issue #2330)