On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.7.8. It fixes some bugs and adds (minor) new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- Template-based shortcodes now receive positional arguments too (Issue #2319)
- Use state files in nikola github_deploy and nikola status (Issue #2317)
- Add align options for youtube, vimeo, soundcloud reST directives (Issue #2304)
- Update FILE_METADATA_REGEXP example in docs (Issue #2296)
- Show “tags too similar” error instead of cryptic doit crash (Issue #2325)
- Fix crashes when tag appears multiple times in a post (Issue #2315)
- Use binary I/O for .svg files in galleries
- Accept .svgz extension by default
- Don't randomly load plugins when Nikola is called with no arguments (Issue #2297)