I am thrilled to announce that you can now download Nikola 5.2.
What's new in this version? A LOT. Don't let the minor version tick fool you, this version is packed with goodness. Let's start with features:
You can easily embed more content:
- New vimeo directive for restructured text.
- Custom "gist" directive providing reStructured text support for GitHub gists.
You can write your content in almost any markup:
- Textile markup support.
- Creole Wiki markup support.
- txt2tags markup support.
- bbcode markup support.
- And of course, it still supports reStructured text, Markdown and HTML.
- New Catalá translation
- New polish translation.
- New Simplified Chinese translation.
- Use multilingual Disqus (although it doesn't seem to work)
You can import your data:
- New Blogger/Blogspot importer
- Much improved Wordpress importer
- Extract metadata from filename by using regexp (helpful for importing from octopress or other systems).
You can do fancier and more configurable sites:
- One-page, dynamic-loading, client-rendered site plugin (task_mustache)
- Recursive post/story folders
- New COMMENTS_IN_GALLERIES and COMMENTS_IN_STORIES options.
- Local search based on Tipue (extra_plugins/task_localsearch)
- Added comments to image galleries
- New option RSS_TEASERS
- New STORY_INDEX option to generate index.html in story folders.
- Add multi size favicon support.
You can use Python 2.6 or higher ... including Python 3. The only missing bit for full Python 3 support is Google sitemap generation.
And of course, a lot of bugs got smashed:
- Added sane defaults for most options, so you can have a lean config file.
- Made layout of the site theme responsive, with collapsing navbar.
- Use timeline instead of parsing post_pages in generic_page_renderer and task_render_pages.
- Updated disqus integration code, added identifiers so it works on any URL.
- Make sure folder links end in "/" in the gallery code.
- Removed copy of PyRSS2Gen, made it a dependency.
- Detect "namespace" dependencies for Mako templates.
- Use consistent encodings in RSS feeds.
- Refactored disqus code into separate helpers
- Use the correct extension (or raise an error) on new_post
- Fix titles that include quotes
- Updated to current CSS from docutils (was using version from 2005)
- Avoid needless regeneration of gallery indexes.
- Always ensure the folder for the new post exists.
- Get title from filename if not available in metadata.
- Don't copy sources if they end in ".html"
- Don't link to unexisting translations.
- Sort tags case insensitive.