I am happy to share the latest release of Nikola a static site and blog generator.
This version includes several bugfixes and new features, including but not limited to:
- New FEED_LENGTH option, defaults to 10 (Issue #549)
- Added no-cache headers to nikola serve (Issue #545)
- New mincss command, removes unused and redundant CSS (Issue #364)
- New chart directive based on pygal
- Update of IPython plugin to work with the upcoming IPython 1.0
- Remove cache/ when running nikola clean (Issue #558)
- Mark bundles as "cleanable" (Issue #558)
- Made nikola help much more resilient against broken conf.py (Issue #550)
- Show docinfo part of docutils output (Issue #556)
- Exit with error code when there is an error (Issue #543)
- Revamped requirements.txt — now requirements.txt contains the required dependencies and requirements-full.txt contains the optional ones (Issue #547)
- Fixed bug in example usage of install_theme.
- Better help text for bootswatch command.
- Fixed installation under pip 1.4 or later (pytz and yapsy versions must be hardcoded due to crazy versioning schemes)
- Added .rst to the default reStructuredText extensions (via Issue #542)
- Moved the sample site to the new one-file format (Issue #542)
- Escape HTML in titles (Issue #537)
- Fixed issues with index pages indices (Issue #532)
- Fixed IPython plugin to work with the latest IPython.nbconvert machinery
- Fixed failing build because of hidden folders and files inside post folder