On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.7.3. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- Recommend ghp-import2 (better packaging) (Issue #2152)
- New TAGS_INDEX_PATH option for overwriting the path of the tag index list page.
- Support for ~~strikethrough~~ in Markdown (Issue #2149)
- Hungarian translation (by Baptiste Darthenay)
- serve and auto publishes DNS Service Discovery records to the local network announcing they’re running web servers.
- Implement translating DATE_FORMAT properly
- Remove superfluous translatability for a boolean (Issue #2140)
- Pass messages to post-list template (Issue #2156)
- Changed default log level from INFO to NOTICE (nikola check is less chatty)
- Fix support for panorama images in gallery(Issue #2143)
- Support "maps.world.World" and similar charts in Pygal (Issue #2142)
- Capitalize "UTF-8" properly in locale guessing (Issue #2137)