On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.7.2. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- Warning about Python 2.7 deprecation (Issues #2121, #2122)
- New jsonminify filter for minifying JSON files.
- New xmlminify filter for minifying XML files.
- New option FEED_PREVIEWIMAGE includes the post.meta.previewimage image in Atom and RSS feeds. (Issue #2095)
- Support Pillow v3.0.0 (Issue #2130)
- Support setting template in metadata in translated posts (Issue #2114)
- Fix false orphan report for code.css and robots.txt (Issue #2106)
- Fix reST post list date formatting error (Issue #2104)
- Deprecated RSS_TEASERS, RSS_PLAIN, RSS_READ_MORE_LINK, and RSS_LINKS_APPEND_QUERY in favor of FEED_TEASERS, FEED_PLAIN, FEED_READ_MORE_LINK, and FEED_LINKS_APPEND_QUERY for both Atom and RSS feeds. (Issue #2095)
- /robots.txt was never being built (Issue #2098)
- SVG thumbnails (Issue #2094)
- Post.section_link is now deprecated (Issue #2086). Use site.link('section_index', post.section_slug()) instead.