On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v8.0.1. Some bugs were fixed; more importantly, we pinned down the Markdown package version due to incompatibilities.
What is Nikola?¶
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
Install using pip install Nikola. (Python 3-only since v8.0.0.)
- Not compatible with Markdown 3.x yet, this release pins the requirement down to 2.x (until we get 3.x support done)
- Make URL displayed by nikola auto and nikola serve clickable (Issue #3166)
- Pandoc compiler was passing deleted argument (Issue #3171)
- Make nikola version --check work again (Issue #3170)
- Set logging level for reST to warning in order to limit noise
- Fix docinfo removal for sites that use reST docinfo metadata (Issue #3167)