On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.8.6. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
What is Nikola?¶
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
Or if you prefer, Snapcraft packages are now built automatically, and Nikola v7.8.6 will be available in the stable channel.
- Guess file format from file name on new_post (Issue #2798)
- Use BaguetteBox as lightbox in base theme (Issue #2777)
- New deduplicate_ids filter, for preventing duplication of HTML id attributes (Issue #2570)
- Ported gallery image layout to base theme (Issue #2775)
- Better error handling when posts can't be parsed (Issue #2771)
- Use .theme files to store theme metadata (Issue #2758)
- New add_header_permalinks filter, for Sphinx-style header links (Issue #2636)
- Added alternate links for gallery translations (Issue #993)
- Use locale.getdefaultlocale() for better locale guessing (credit: @madduck)
- Save dependencies for template hooks properly (using .__doc__ or .template_registry_identifier for callables)
- Enable larger panorama thumbnails (Issue #2780)
- Disable archive_rss link handler, which was useless because no such RSS was ever generated (Issue #2783)
- Ignore files ending wih "bak" (Issue #2740)
- Use page.tmpl by default, which is inherited from story.tmpl (Issue #1891)
- Limit Jupyter support to notebook >= 4.0.0 (it already was in requirements-extras.txt; Issue #2733)