On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.8.4. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- Refactor RSS feed generation to allow better plugin access
- Add Jupyter config as dependency for jupyter posts (by @knowsuchagency)
- Make nikola plugin --list-installed more readable (Issue #2692)
- Accept now in post-list date conditions
- Add RSS_COPYRIGHT, RSS_COPYRIGHT_PLAIN, and RSS_COPYRIGHT_FORMATS options in conf.py which can be disabled by specifying copyright_=False to generic_rss_renderer, or overriden by specifying an explicit value.
- Write PID of detached nikola serve process to a file called nikolaserve.pid
- Append file name (generated from title) if nikola new_post receives directory name as path (Issue #2651)
- Add a require_all_tags parameter to the post-list directive to show only posts that have all specified tags. (Issue #2665)
- Add META_GENERATOR_TAG option in conf.py allowing the meta generator tag to be disabled (Issue #2628)
- Add YUI_COMPRESSOR_EXECUTABLE, CLOSURE_COMPILER_EXECUTABLE, OPTIPNG_EXECUTABLE, JPEGOPTIM_EXECUTABLE and HTML_TIDY_EXECUTABLE to configure executables for built-in filters. (Issue #2615)
- Allow setting custom GUID in feeds (Issue #2378)
- Remove misplaced and duplicated meta description tags (Issue #2694)
- Fix crash if PAGE_INDEX is enabled and make them actually work (Issues #2646, #2702)
- Ignore NEW_POST_DATE_PATH when creating pages (Issue #2699)
- Ensure post.updated is timezone-aware (Issue #2698)
- Pass previously missing post object and language to reST compiler and language to Markdown compiler (for shortcodes)
- Fix crashes when rendering subcategories (Issue #2681)
- Prevent writing cache files outside of the cache folder (Issue #2684)
- Fix mimetype guessing in auto mode (Issue #2645)
- Fix filters.html5lib_xmllike for laters html5lib (Issue #2648)
- Skip the current post in post lists (Issue #2666)
- Fix poor performance when compiling multiple markdown documents with the markdown compiler. (Issue #2660)
- Fix crash if SHOW_INDEX_PAGE_NAVIGATION is True while INDEXES_STATIC is False. (Issue #2654)
- Make NEW_POST_DATE_PATH follow rrule if it exists (Issue #2653)