On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.7.5. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- Add nikola theme --new command for creating new themes (Issue #2231)
- Add nikola theme --copy-template command for copying templates to customize them (Issue #2231)
- Add nikola theme --uninstall command for deleting themes (Issue #2231)
- Replace nikola install_theme with more capable nikola theme command (Issue #2231)
- Allow for customizing github_deploy commit messages with -m (Issue #2198)
- Commit to source branch automatically in github_deploy if GITHUB_COMMIT_SOURCE is set to True (Issue #2186)
- Hugo-like shortcodes (Issue #1707)
- New Galician translation
- New facilities for data persistence and data caching (Issues #2209 and #2009)
- (internal) allow scripts/jinjify.py usage with scripts (Issue #2240)
- Fix some rebuilds with indexes and galleries
- Make state files work on Python 3
- Don’t attempt to create redirects for URLs with query strings in WordPress imports if the site is in a subdirectory (Issue #2224)
- Avoid some random file rebuilds (Issue #2220)
- Honor MATHJAX_CONFIG setting
- Display tags and archives in a unified format, with the date on the left, instead of a misplaced dash in tags (Issue #2212)
- Decide is_mathjax based on current language tags (Issue #2205)
- Don't duplicate images in flowr when resizing page (Issue #2202)