A simple yet powerful and flexible static website and blog generator, based on doit, mako, docutils and bootstrap.
I built this to power this very site you are reading, but decided it may be useful to others. The main goals of Nikola are:
- Small codebase: because I don't want to maintain a big thing for my blog
- Fast page generation: Adding a post should not take more that 5 seconds to build.
- Static output: Deployment using rsync is smooth.
- Flexible page generation: you can decide where everything goes in the final site.
- Powerful templates: Uses Mako
- Clean markup for posts: Uses Docutils
- Don't do stupid builds: Uses doit
- Clean HTML output by default: Uses bootstrap
- Comments out of the box: Uses Disqus
- Tags, with their own RSS feeds
- Easy way to do a blog
- Static pages outside the blog
- Multilingual blog support (my own blog is english + spanish)
I think this initial version achieves all of those goals, but of course, it can be improved. Feedback is very welcome!
Nikola's home page is currently http://nikola-generator.googlecode.com