Nikola v6.4.0 released! Posted:
We’re pleased to announce the release of Nikola v6.4.0.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python. It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn IPython Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: http://getnikola.com/
Key Changes since v6.3.0
- The code.css (and all*.css) files have been revamped to support dark themes and Markdown properly. Please remove those files from your output directory and run nikola build to get the fixes.
- nikola auto supports livereload v2.1.0.
- Added nikola new_page, equivalent to nikola new_post -p.
- Deploys to sub-directories (eg. http://example.com/blog/) are now fully supported and bug-free.
In the v6.3.0 announcement, it was promised that an install_bs3 command would be added to the Debian packages. The v6.3.0 packages were released yesterday and they contain the promised patch. Please use it to install the theme if you need it.
$ git log v6.3.0..v6.4.0 --pretty='format:%an'|sort|uniq -c|sort \ > --reverse 144 Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick 83 Roberto Alsina 19 Ramiro Morales 12 Thibauld Nion 11 Daniel Aleksandersen 9 Eric Meaney 8 Ondrej Grover 4 Evgeni Golov 3 Tim Chase 2 Casey M. Bessette 1 Puneeth Chaganti 1 Ivan Teoh 1 Dav Clark
- Add nikola new_page command (equivalent to nikola new_post -p) (Issue #1060)
- Add LESS_OPTIONS and SASS_OPTIONS for specifying additional parameters to LESS/Sass compilers (Issue #1020)
- Warn users about bootswatch_theme being incompatible with bootstrap3-gradients
- Add link://filename/foo/bar.rst syntax to refer to the post generated from foo/bar.rst (Issue #1035)
- Log messages are colorized (colorama is required under Windows) (Issue #1044)
- Template filters are configurable via the TEMPLATE_FILTERS config variable (Issue #1038)
- Added Hindi translation by Sean Pue
- Livereload v2.1.0 is supported and frozen as the version to use due to backwards-incompatible updates (Issue #1023)
- Support :linenos: and :number-lines: in listings (Issue #1010)
- Support :linenos: in code blocks for Sphinx compatibility (Issue #1010)
- New link:///foo links which always point to absolute paths (/foo in that case) (Issue #986)
- Bootstrap 3 has been updated to v3.1.1 (Issue #1015)
- New --browser/-b option on the serve command to open instantly in a web browser (Issue #997)
- SASS/LESS files and targets file will be processed from site root (Issue #941)
- lastdeploy time recording was broken, changed to ISO format (Issue #1083)
- Avoid undefined behaviour if NAVIGATION_LINKS is missing keys for a translation (Issue #1082)
- Make livereload actually rebuild the site when changes are made (Issue #1067)
- Fix filename encodings in WordPress imports (Issue #1053)
- nikola check supports URL_TYPE="absolute" and URL_TYPE="full_path" (Issue #1046)
- Fix URL_TYPE="absolute" and URL_TYPE="full_path" on non-root sites (Issue #1046)
- Avoid running bundle tasks twice (Issue #1032)
- Fix post links in RSS feeds for sites outside of webserver root (Issue #986)
- Only run sitemap once (Issue #1032)
- Fix a bug with some multilingual pages
- Normalize paths (Issue #1028)
- Fix drafts being leaked in feeds (Issues #934, #971)
- If two tags generate the same slug, they are the same tag (Issue #1022)
- Assume UTF-8 if user's locale doesn't have any encodings attached (Issue #1026 via #1021)
- Support PRETTY_URLS for tag files (Issue #655)
- Change code.css and rst.css to have sane output everywhere (Issues #913, #1009, #1050)
- Fix image URLs in galleries for sites outside of webserver root (Issue #986)
- Fix link:// in RSS contents (Issue #952)
- HIDE_SOURCELINK was set to True sometimes (Issue #1004)
- Properly import cool URIs from WordPress, instead of just slugify-ing the path (Issue #693)
- Fixed SASS/LESS errors when more than one theme in chain has a targets file (Issue #941)
- Guard against empty list-items in base templates (Issue #936)